Choose best moisturizers for sensitive skin.
Are you struggling to choose best moisturizers for sensitive skin? Have you ever experienced blotchiness, blemish, breakouts, redness or extreme dryness? Or are you struggling with allergic reactions or severe dehydration? These are the primary symptoms of sensitive skin.
Sensitive skin is a type of skin condition that shows higher reactivity than the normal skin. The sensitive skin develops exaggerate reactions while exposed to external factors. Even when you try new makeup, lotion, moisturizer or any beauty product, sensitive skin will react badly. As a result, you should choose the the best moisturizer for sensitive skin. Because of skin sensitivity, many people face severe breakouts, redness, rashes, stinging, burning, blotchiness, irritation, tightness, pruritus, blemish, allergic reactions, tingling sensations and extreme dryness. Nowadays, most of the men and women are suffering from skins sensitivity. As Joshua Zeichner, the MD, assistant professor of dermatology at The Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, told:
“Three-quarters of my patients call their skin sensitive. . . and treating skin too aggressively is one main reason why.”
Though sensitive skin can be found in the whole body, the face is still the most common area where it found. So, what to do if you have sensitive skin? The answer is to select and use the appropriate and the best moisturizer for sensitive skin.
How to care for your Sensitive skin:
One of the general skin problems is sensitive skin. Joshua Zeichner claims that treating skin harshly is one of the main causes of skin sensitivity. So, the best solution for caring sensitive skin is to use emollient moisturizer as any skin care starts with the use of right face moisturizer. You should also select a moisturizer that does not include any ingredients or fragrance that causes skin irritation.
Moisturizer- the healer for skin sensitivity:
Finding the best moisturizer for sensitive skin is easy but to choose from a large number of available options is not only challenging but also time –consuming. We have researched the popular and best-selling moisturizer that keeps your skin healthy. We also talked to the skin experts including dermatologists, aestheticians, beauticians, and a chemist to decide which moisturizers are best for sensitive skin. However, before going to the discussion on the best face moisturizers of 2018 for sensitive skin, let’s have a look at the ingredients and natural elements that make moisture suitable for sensitive skin.
Best skin care ingredients that heal and soothe your sensitive skin:
Nowadays you will find many natural skin care products. When you apply good moisture, you are not only fighting against the general problems of sensitive skin but also absorbing antioxidants, enhancing your skin’s UV resistance, hydrating your skin, and stimulating your immune system. One of the most used products for healing rough skin is Vaseline which is produced from petroleum. Though petroleum-derived products are suitable for rough skin, it is not the best option for sensitive skin. If you have sensitive skin, you should choose moisturizer or products that do not include thick creams, heavy oils and greases. Instead of these, you should look on the following ingredients:
- Coconut oil has natural antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties that strengthens the underlying epidermal tissue, removes dead skin cells, and protects the sensitive skin from sunburns
- Tea tree oil also has natural anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-fungal properties that will fight against pimples, breakouts, redness and inflammation of the skin. Tea tree is considered as one of the best home remedies for curing acne.
- Jojoba oil is an extreme moisturizer that heals sunburns, sores, scars, dermatitis, acne psoriasis and wrinkles.
- Aloe vera works as a great moisturizer and hydrates the skin very well because of its rejuvenating properties. When Aloe Vera absorbs in the skin it stimulates fibroblasts cells that produces collagen and elastin which makes your skin smoother and younger.
- Avocado is a natural ultra-moisturizing fatty fruit that is rich in vitamins A, D and E. The avocado essential oil is very good at hydrating and softening your skin. It also cures acne and blackheads, eczema and other forms of skin inflammation.
- Apricot oil is rich in Vitamin A and C and has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore good for sensitive skin and eczema prone skin.
- Oats has anti-oxidants, humectant, occlusive and emollient properties and works best as a moisturizer and combat against ageing, UV rays, pollution, and harsh chemicals. Oats is also good for eczema.
- Ginseng is good for all types of skin : dry, sensitive and oily skin
- Vitamin E decreases dryness and helps skin retention and maintains natural moisturizers. It also bolsters skin’s UV defense.
- Vitamin A is a best anti-aging property that reduces wrinkles, fade brown spots, and smooth roughness.
- Vitamin B3 boosts hydration to reduce redness
- Vitamin C is an excellent anti-ager that helps you to gain smooth and firm skin and fade brown spots.
- Beta-carotene reduces skin ageing and decreases sunburn for people with sensitive skin
- Aka tocopheryl acetate and aka Niacinamide heals skins and strengthens skin’s defenses.
- Emollients such as shea butter, cocoa butter, and beeswax softens and smoothens your sensitive skin. These are not only good for your face but also best for your whole body. Shea butter includes stearic acid, Vitamin A, and Vitamin E that reduces flaking, redness or peeling and inflammation. Shea butter is best for dry and sensitive skin.
- Lactic acid soothes dry or sensitive skin.
- Glycerin is type of humectants that attracts moisture on your skin. It is also called an emollient which makes your skin soft and smooth. Using Glycerin rich moisture makes your skin supple to touch.
- Hyaluronic acid is probably the most famous ingredients found in the beauty products in the recent time. Hyaluronic acid is a potent humectant that works as a fantastic moisturizer
- Cetyl alcohol retains water on the skin and works as an s an emollient and emulsifier
- Squalene is natural oil that retains water and boosts immune skin. The oil is also best for dry, sensitive, oily and acne-prone skin.
However, many natural ingredients work best as a moisturizer for sensitive skin. We have carefully selected the best moisturizer for sensitive skin from the top rated and dermatological recommended products with natural ingredients for sensitive skin. Remember that you should choose any moisture that has fragrance and dyes because these are among the top five allergens. You should also avoid moisturizer that includes Isopropyl, SD, Parabens, and denatured alcohols. Earlier we have reviewed best moisturizers for dry skin. Now we will review the best moisturizer for sensitive skin covering face cream, face lotion and body lotions.
Best Moisturizers for your sensitive skin:
1. Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture – the most dehydrating moisturizer:
Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture is lightweight moisturizer that provides 24-hour hydration and restores suppleness. The moisturizer also reduces the fine lines and wrinkles and makes less visible. The collagen support complex used in the moisturizer boosts skin’s resilience and plumps dehydrated skin.
Main Ingredients: Advanced Hyaluronic acid, Coconut Extracts, Shea Butter, Avocado, olive oil, jojoba oil, anti-oxidants, etc.
The olive oil present in Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture ensures long-lasting protection against dryness while the use of coconut extracts provides moisturizer and makes your skin Smooth. On the other hand, the advanced Hyaluronic acid also provides long-lasting hydration. Finally, the shea butter, sunflower, avocado essential oil restores suppleness and supports the skin’s natural protective barrier.
- Lightweight and non-greasy, easily absorbed
- Provides long-lasting hydration
- Protects against extreme dryness
- Advanced collagen support complex ensures firmness
- Shea butter restores elasticity, smoothness and suppleness
- Fruit oils helps to gain glowing skin
- Expensive( $68- $ 75)
2. Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin
Aveeno Active Naturals Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion for Sensitive Skin is another best moisturizer for sensitive skin. The moisturizer also provides 24-hour dehydration protection free of fragrance and steroids.
Ingredients: Soothing Oat oil, Shea Butter, glycerin, etc.
The active natural oats help sensitive, itchy skin by restoring skin’s normal pH and supports skin’s moisture barrier.
- Best moisturizer for sensitive and itchy skin
- Good for dehydrated skin or dry skin
- Quickly absorbs
- Affordable ( $7 – $10)
- Non-comedogenic or do not block skin pores
3. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Daily Soothing Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin
French Company La Roche-Posay creates one of the top moisturizers for sensitive skin. The La Roche-Posay Toleriane Daily Soothing Moisturizer is a high-quality moisturizer suggested by the dermatologists. The moisturizer is specially made for sensitive skin and free from preservatives, fragrances, and parabens. It is our top choice as the best moisturizers for sensitive skin.
Ingredients: The ingredient lists of La Roche-Posay Toleriane Daily Soothing Moisturizer are small as they made it for sensitive skin. Some of the main elements of the moisturizer are thermal spring water, glycerin, squalene, and cetyl alcohol. All these ingredients help to retain water. As a result, your skin will look younger and smoother.
- Glycerin will hydrate your skin
- Isononyl isononanoate and Squalane work as an Emollient
- Antioxidant Thermal spring water soothes your skin
- Cetyl Alcohol easily absorbs
- Parabens, preservatives and fragrance-free
- Easily absorbs
- Hydrates and soothes sensitive skin for a long time
- Safe for eczema patients
- Use a limited number of ingredients for sensitive skin
- Not that much good for acne-prone skin
- Sometime clogs the skin and causes breaks out
4. Bioderma Atoderm Cream
Bioderma is another French company that provides a wide range of Dermatological products. The company claims that they made the products based on 35 years of research and development with biologists and dermatologists with over 50 patients. Bioderma Atoderm Cream is the best moisturizer for sensitive skin covering dry to the very dry sensitive skin. The crème is fragrance-free. The moisturizer provides 80% more protection. The nourishing and restructuring agents of the Bioderma Atoderm Cream strengthen the skin barrier and curb the penetration of irritants.
- Mineral oil works as common emollient
- Glycerin moisturize your sensitive skin
- Cetearyl isononanoate functions as an emollient
- Mannitol works as a humectant
- Fragrance-free formula, scented version is also available
- Suitable for dry to the very dry skin
- Ideal for all ages including babies, children, and adults
- Can apply both face and body
- Creamy texture
- 24-hour moisture protection
- Non-comedogenic or do not promote blackheads
- Guarantees excellent tolerance
5. CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 3 oz with Broad Spectrum protection, Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides for Daytime Use
Best Daytime Moisturizer with SPF
If you want to choose moisture for a day or want to select a Moisturizer with SPF, CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 3 oz with Broad Spectrum protection, Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides for Daytime Use will be the best choice for you. The moisturizer with SPF 30 will protect your sensitive skin from damaging UV ageing and UV burning rays. The ceramide-rich formula used in the CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30 maintain healthy skin barrier.
- UV protection
- Rebuild and restore your outer lipid layer
- Inexpensive ($13)
- Caused breakouts for some patients
- Causes irritation and skin rashes for some users
6.Eucerin Sensitive Skin Experts Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Creme
Eucerin is one of the leading brands and trusted by dermatologists that has pioneered skincare innovation for more than 100 years ( since 1900). Eucerin’s Q10 Anti-Wrinkle Face Crème is an unscented face cream that you should apply before bed. You can also use the cream in the morning if you have very dry skin. As it absorbs quickly, you can apply the moisture before applying other makeup. Eucerin says that you will see a noticeable difference in 5 weeks or less. The moisturizer makes your skin firm and smooth that helps you to look younger.
Ingredients: Coenzyme Q10, glycerin, Vitamin E, and Beta-Carotene antioxidants, Shea butter, etc.
- Coenzyme Q10 naturally slows down ageing.
- Glycerin maintains moisturizer
- Vitamin E and Beta-Carotene reduce the damaging effects of free radicals
- Unscented, non-comedogenic, alcohol-free moisturizer
- Non-greasy and absorbs completely
- Works during the night to plump up your skin
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines
- Protects your skin from the damaging effects of free radicals
- Firms and moisturizes your skin
- Specially made for dry and sensitive skin
7. Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF30 Sensitive Skin
Moisturizer with SPF30 – protects from UV rays
Recommended by Skin cancer Foundation, Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF30 Sensitive Skin will be an excellent choice for your outdoor activities. The moisturizer with SPF protects your sensitive skin from UVA and UVB rays while the Aloe extracts heal your sunburns, scars and soothe your skin nicely. Sun damage can cause wrinkles so apply sunblock or sunscreen and enjoy your sunbath with Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day Moisturizer with Sunscreen SPF30.
Ingredients: Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, Camellia leaf extract, glycerin, etc.
- Made with the lightweight and breathable formula
- Not greasy and oil-free
- Ensures long-lasting hydration
- Protects from sunburn
- Does not create clogs
- One of the ingredients of the moisturizer is methylparaben
- Not long-lasting moisture like the others in the list. You need to reapply the moisturizer every two hours.
8. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Best moisturizer with Hyaluronic acid
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream is a clinically proven longer-lasting Moisturizer that can cover 48 hours. It is 100% alcohol-free. It works as an intense moisturizer for dehydrated skin. The Hyaluronic acid used in the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream can absorb up to 1000 times its weight in water and makes your skin hydrated.
Ingredients: Water, glycerin, purified Hyaluronic acid, etc.
- Hydrates your skin for 48 hours
- Absorbs quickly
- Fragrance-free, Oil-Free, Dye-free, Non-Comedogenic
- 100% alcohol-free
- Quenches your skin’s thirst
- Suitable for extra-dry skin
- Purified Hyaluronic acid works like a sponge for dry skin
- Make your skin smooth, supple and hydrated
- Restore your skin’s natural barrier against moisture loss.
- The extra dry skin version of the moisturizer may make your skin very dry.
9. Lavo Daily Moisturizer Cream
Best Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin – for both genders
Lavo Daily Moisturizer Cream is amazing moisture for the acne-prone skin. The moisture is also suitable for all types of skin. The moisturizer is made with lots of natural ingredients. The moisturizer will soothe and hydrate your skin nicely. The light creamy moisturize specially formulated to hydrate your skin. The pure natural and botanical ingredients used in Lavo Daily Moisturizer Cream offers anti-ageing effects and makes your skin smoother, softer, and fresher looking
Ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, hops, sage, ginseng, rosemary, Allantoin, aloe vera, azulene, wheat germ, hazelnut, safflower and avocado oils, and Vitamin A, B, C, and D, and herbal extracts, etc.
- Hops, Rosemary, Sage, and Ginseng, Extracts helps to tone, refine, and tighten pores
- Hyaluronic Acid moisturizes
- Azulene (from Chamomile) Allantoin and Aloe Vera soothes and heals your irritated skin
- Azulene create an ultra-thin protective layer
- Hazelnut, Wheat Germ, Safflower and Avocado Oil protects and retains moisture
- Vitamins A, B, C, & D helps renew skin, calm inflammation and minimizes pores
- Herbal Extracts blocks out bacteria and pollutants that may climb into your pores and cause pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
• Suitable for both men and women
• Ideal for all types of skin
• Best moisturizer for acne-prone skin
• Calms inflammation
• Protects pores against bacteria and pollutants
• Enhance skin elasticity and skin tone
• Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
• Provides instant hydration
• Gives light creamy consistency
• Absorbs quickly
• Leaves a matte finishing
• Fragrance-free and paraben-free
• Shrinks pores
• Can use day and night
10. EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer – the perfect emollient moisturizer
The EltaMD Skin Care brand is committed to helping you to have great skin for life. EltaMD AM Therapy Facial Moisturizer is one of the best moisturizers for Acne-prone skin. It will absorb quickly and makes your skin hydrated for long 12 hours. EltaMD Skin Care expresses that the face moisturizer is made to relieve skin problems caused by sunburn, acne medications, diabetes, and kidney disease.
A night version is also available named PM Therapy Moisturizer.
- Treats minor to severe burns including sunburn
- Keeps moisturizer for 12 hours
- Cures irritation, redness, acne, and flaking
- Soothes the symptoms of eczema and atopic dermatitis
- Light-weight and oil-free
- Parabens free
Best Moisturizers for your Body:
Most people have sensitive skin on their body also. So, here are some of the top pick Moisturizer for your body:
1. Kiss My Face Sensitive Skin Moisturizer with Olive Oil and Aloe Vera, Fragrance Free Body Lotion
Made with the cruelty-free formula
Kiss My Face Sensitive Skin Moisturizer with Olive Oil, and Aloe Vera is the top pick option for the vegans. The moisturizer is entirely made with natural ingredients that will moisturize your skin and keeps your skin hydrated. Most of the user feels that they found softer skin after applying the body lotion.
Ingredients: Olive oil, grape seed oil, oatmeal, and aloe vera.
- Fragrances, phthalates, parabens, and gluten-free
- Instantly moisturize, hydrate, and soothe your irritated skin
- The only complaint about the moisture is its thick consistency.
2. Hempz Sensitive Skin Herbal Body Moisturizer
Another natural option is Hempz Sensitive Skin Herbal Body Moisturizer. The moisturizer is made with all natural ingredients that make your body smooth and soft. You will feel the sweet, mild scent of oatmeal cookies because of the presence of oat in the moisturizer. So, this can be the best moisturizer for sensitive skin, specially for your body.
Ingredients: Pure hemp seed oil, shea butter, and oatmeal
- Free of parabens and artificial fragrances and dyes.
- Best for sensitive skin
- Calm and relieve dry skin
Treating sensitive skin is challenging, but you can manage it if you know the right moisturizer for your skin. Sensitive or dry skin needs the regular dose of hydration. Otherwise, your skin will be itchy, flaky and acne-prone. Here we have reviewed the top pick and best moisturizers for sensitive skin that helps you to get the hydrated, smooth and healthy skin. Revisit our website for new reviews of the best skin care products.