Can’t decide which razor to buy for your bikini area?
We’ll make it easier for you.
It seems even some of the popular razors are created with only one type of women in mind: Those who are gifted with soft and baby hair skin.
SEE ALSO: How to get rid of razor bumps on legs
I honestly feel like the majority of the women razors are created with only those ladies in mind. Nothing wrong with that of course, but the “one size doesn’t fit all” doesn’t always work, and definitely not when it comes to this whole shaving down there fuss!
PS: If you don’t have the time or simply can’t be asked to read this post, click here to view the current top rated bikini area razors on Amazon.
Some of us, have more thickness on the hair down there, than the one on our head.
So don’t be afraid to take a peek into the gents department when it comes to shaving your private part. For some reason, a lot of the men’s razors are what WE women, also need. I know I’m not alone on this.
Don’t get fooled by the fancy pink colors and designs. These are my hand-picked choices of 3 best razors for your bikini area that have also been recommended by most women who’ve used them.
All of these have at least 80% positive feedback and 5* ratings from customers who’ve purchased them.
1. Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide Men’s Razor Blades, 8 Blade Refills
Yes, you’ve got that right.
The first one I’m going to recommend as the best razor for shaving your bikini area is, this Gillette Fusion Proglide Razor!
As mentioned earlier, not all of us have super soft and easy to get rid of hair down there. Some of us have really thick coarse hair that would do better with a men’s razor than with anything else.
Keep reading if you can relate to what I’m talking about or else feel free to skip to the next razor on this list.
So what’s so good about this razor?
- No 1 dermatologist recommended razor for men with sensitive skin- Now this statement right here is a good start already! If this razor can handle the “sensitive skin” of men, it sure can handle our sensitive skin down there too.
- The green strip- I don’t want to get into the technological aspects of this green strip. To put it into simple terms, this green strip you see on the razor is the lubricating strip. It’s there to make your shaving process nice and smooth and, it will fade to white at some point to signal you to change the cartridge.
- I really like this feature, as none of us would want to risk the idea of getting razor burns and bumps down there.
One customer pointed out that, you really don’t have to change the cartridge as soon as the green strip turns white. You can use it a few more times with the help of a good shaving cream.
- A great tip provided by a customer: “I buy a pack of 8 of these (I shave 3 times a week), and each cartridge lasts me about two months.” – His tip is to “go and buy a dust can”. He says that drying off and clearing all the residue from the razor every time you shave, can really help to make it last for months.
- Reengineered low cutting force razor blades with thinner, finer edges- What does it mean for you ladies? This means no or fewer chances of getting razor burns on your bikini area. Numerous customers have commented on this very aspect. One of them commented saying it helped her husband, who has a history of harsh razor burns, to now get clean shaves with minimal bumps.
- Flexball Technology- If you read the customer reviews, you will see how many customers are raving about the flex ball technology of the Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor. They’re all commenting about how “easy” it makes it move the razor in sideways.
- Again, what does that ^ mean for us? We all know how flipping hard it is to reach and shave some of those sensitive areas on our bikini line right? Gillette flexball technology will make that process a bit easier for you. It will help reach maximum contact over the hair on your private part for the closest clean shave possible.
- Good customer service- I like the way the manufacturer responds to complaints on the product page. They not only apologize for any inconvenience but also offer useful tips and suggestions to the customer on how they can handle their issue with their razor.
My thoughts: As mentioned earlier, if you’re someone who’s tried all the so-called “best razor for bikini area” and are truly sick and tired of them all, the Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor might just be what you really need.
A cool tip to prevent razor burns: Once you’re done shaving down there, wash the area thoroughly with warm water and then with cold water. This helps to close up the opened pores and prevent razor burns/ingrown hairs.
2. Gillette Venus Spa Women’s White Tea Scented Razor Blade Refills 6 Count
Venus Breeze razors, especially the ones with built-in shave gel bars, is another most recommended razor for bikini area by LOTS of ladies. I’ve seen it recommended on all the top sites and forums.
Let’s have a look at what makes the Venus Breeze, one of the best razors for shaving your bikini area:
- The built-in shave gel bars- A lot of ladies are really loving this feature of the Venus Breeze razor. It’s a relief for the busy bees who don’t have the time or simply can’t be asked with using shaving cream or soap. All you need is some water and you’re ready to get going with a super smooth shave. The shaving gel bars featured on the featured above razor is infused with white tea scent.
IMPORTANT: Built-in shaving gel bars or not, if you don’t exfoliate down there before you shave, you’re still risking the chances of getting razor bumps/burns.
How to Shave Your Bikini Area the Right Way
And please be gentle when it comes to exfoliating down there. Do not exfoliate with any harsh soaps or scrubs. Also stand up while you’re exfoliating so that whatever you’re using, will not enter inside your vagina. You do not want to disturb the happy ph environment of your vagina and risk dealing with vaginal odor and infections.
Strictly avoid scrubbing your private part with any harsh substances like lemon juice. Get into the shower or bath and allow the skin in your bikini area to get wet for a few minutes. Gently exfoliate it in a circular motion with some mild unscented soap and soft scrub. You can also exfoliate with Olive oil.
- Shower safe razor cartridges- Means you don’t have to worry about the razor losing its “touch” every time it comes to contact with water. It also comes with a shower hook so you can simply hang it on and use it with ease.
- I’m quite surprised by the number of women commented saying, they love being able to shave their bikini area without the need for shaving cream.
- Saves time- We all know how time-consuming it can be to shave the bikini area. The Venus Breeze Bar aims to save you time with the help of the built-in shave gel bars.
- “Close shave for way longer than anything else I’ve tried.”– Another one of the many, useful feedback about this razor. It shows your money is well spent on it.
My thoughts: I was literally falling in love with all the features of this razor until I bumped into their new 5 blades model for women. A lot of ladies have commented saying the 3 blade one with shaving gel bars on this post, gives them a super smooth close shave, so I can only imagine how smooth my bikini area will be with the new 5 blades Venus Breeze razor.
For those who’re always in a rush or simply can’t be asked with shaving cream, the one featured here is your best choice. And for those who don’t mind using shaving cream, the new 5 blade Venus razor is defo worth giving a try.
3. Schick Hydro Silk TrimStyle Razor and Bikini Trimmer
Last but not least, the next best razor bikini area is this Schick Hydro Silk with Bikini Trimmer.
This thing is one of the current best selling women razors on Amazon, for a long time now. It also has over 2100 customer reviews, with at least 80% of them being positive and 5-star ratings.
Schick Hydro Bikini Razor has many cool features, but as you would have noticed, I’m more focused on what makes it special for shaving the bikini area than anything else. So let’s have a look at that:
- Two in One- Yup, as you can see from the image above, the Schick razor has a hydrating razor on one end and a waterproof bikini trimmer on the other end. This is the simple, big reason why thousands of women are in love with it.
You know when you’ve taken your sweet time and avoided shaving down there for so long that you can’t simply handle with a razor, yeah, on those days, you will be really thankful to have a razor like this. All you have to do is trim it with the trimmer from one end and get shaving done with the other end.
- 5 curve sensing blades and unique skin guards- according to the manufacturer and the customers who’ve purchased it, will give you super close shave and prevent razor burns. RAZOR BURN<That’s the magic word here. Anything that helps prevent razor burns, is a real gift. The unique skin guards on the razor will help prevent irritations.
- Adjustable comb with lengths- As mentioned earlier, some of us have our days when our hair down there is a bit too long and could really use with some combing before the blades do the work.
My thoughts: I love every single feature of this razor and it certainly does seem to have a lot to offer for shaving bikini area compared to the first two reviewed on this post.
However, I did see quite a few complaints about the head of the razor being a bit too bulky. I think everyone, even the ones who left only positive feedback, will surely appreciate the Schick razor a lot more if the manufacturer can take care of the “bulky head” part of it.
Shaving down there is already pressurizing enough, we don’t want to add more to it by shaving with a razor that feels heavier than it should.
So which one of these would you say is the best razor for bikini area?
Please leave your thoughts in the comments below.