Table of Contents
- Best Moisturizers for Combination Skin
- 1. Cosrx Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion
- 2. La Roche Posay Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer UV
- 3. Cetaphil Fragrance Free Daily Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15
- 4. Kiehl's 1851 Ultra Facial Cream
- 5. Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel Moisturizer
- 6. Simple Gel Moisturizer, Ultra Light
- 7. Själ Cela Intuitif Light Cellular Renewal Crème
- 8. The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
- 9. Amarte Aqua Cream
- 10. Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar Moisturizer for Unisex
- 11. Boscia Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer
- 12. Christina Moss Naturals Facial Moisturizer
- 13. NEUTROGENA Combination Skin Moisture
- 14. Olay Hydrating Gel
- 15. Too cool for school Mellow Cream Collagen elasticity cream
- 16. Mineral Fusion Facial Moisturizer, SPF 40
- 17. belif Korean Cosmetics The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
- 18. Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 17
- 19. Garnier Moisture Bomb The Antioxidant Super Moisturizer
- 20. Thayers Alcohol-free Unscented Witch Hazel Toner
It is challenging to take care combination skin which is neither dry nor oily. If you have combination skin, your skin can be dry or normal in some areas such as cheeks and oily in other areas including the T-zone or nose, forehead, and chin. The creamy moisturizer will make your T-zones oily where the lightweight moisturizer will make your skin dry or dehydrated. As a result, to choose the best moisturizers for combination skin is difficult and you need to select your moisturizer very carefully. Earlier, we reviewed the best moisturizers for sensitive skin. Now, here are the best moisturizers for combination skin that you may see while buying a moisturizer for you. Most of the best moisturizers for combination skin are water-based so that the moisturizers do not block pore or acne. There are variations of the moisturizers based on the ingredients. The moisturizers are also different based on its use: some serve as a foundation while some moisture comes with sun protection and SPF. However, the primary purpose of all the best moisturizers for combination skin is to moisturize your face entirely.
Before going to the discussion on the best moisturizers for combination skin, let’s have a look why you need a different type of moisturizer, the nature of combination skin and how to take care the combination skin.
Symptoms of Combination Skin:
The general signs of combination skin are oily or greasy forehead, nose, and chin (the t-zone) and comparatively dry cheeks. Apart from these, there are other symptoms such as:
- The pores of your nose are larger than the pores of the jawline and cheeks.
- Blackheads, acne breakouts
- Shiny skin – After washing your face, you will notice that some parts of your skin are shiny while others are not shiny
- When you use moisturizers for normal skin, it will make your cheeks feel good but the T-zones oily.
- Your T-zone will react to the weather. You will feel too greasy in your T-zones in hot weather.
- You will experience dandruff
How to Care Combination Skin – the Best Tips for Combination Skin:
If you find the above mention symptoms on your skin or reveal that you have combination skin, how should you treat your skin? Here are some basic tips for caring the combination skin.
When you find that you have combination skin, you may think that you should wash the oily parts with soap or cleanser for getting rid of oil. Then in the dry cheeks, you may apply the cream. But, it may cause acne. Washing the oily parts or applying lotion to the dry parts cannot be the right solution for treating the combination skin. Instead of these, follow the following steps for caring your combination skin:
- Stop using soaps
- Obey CTM routine at morning and night- Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing
- Use a toner with Hazel instead of alcohol
- Use best moisturizers for combination skin (Choose the moisturize correctly)
- Use a sunscreen with a broad spectrum. You may select the gel moisturizer for the day as they do not clog pores. The moisturizer will also give your oily area matte finishing.
- Use a cleanser
- Use a good night cream or serum. Choose a little bit heavy but not greasy cream. Here, you should avoid cream with retinol if you have acne-prone skin.
- Exfoliates your skin with a natural or homemade mask once or twice a week. Exfoliation will open your pores, clear acne and stimulate blood circulation. After exfoliation, use the best moisturizers for combination skin, it will absorb completely.
- Always remove makeup with good makeup remover before you sleep.
Best Moisturizers for Combination Skin
1. Cosrx Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion
In recent times, Korean skin care products dominate the makeup industry and get a higher place than other popular brands from France, America and Europe. It is because they treat the skin problems differently and focuses more on prevention and get to the root of the problem.
Our first selection for the best moisturizers for combination skin is a popular moisturizer form Korean named Cosrx Oil-Free Ultra-Moisturizing Lotion. It is like a Holy Grail Moisturizer for combination skin. Brand claimed:
“Maximized effect, Minimized skin trouble
Maximized cost of ingredient, Minimized cost of container
Maximized product capacity, Minimized price
Maximized communication with customers, Minimized promotion
Maximized list of products, Minimized distribution structure.”
The moisturizer has the pH level of 5.5.
Main Ingredients: 70% Birch Sap (Betula Platyphylla Japonica Juice), Tea Tree Leaf Oil, Citrus medica Limonum (Lemon) peel oil and other chemicals.
- Hydrates your combination skin perfectly.
- Birch Sap treats sensitive, irritated, or freshly exfoliated skin
- The moisturizers are ideal for all types of skin including combination skin, oily, dry or sensitive skin. As a result, it can be used as the best moisturizers for sensitive skin also.
2. La Roche Posay Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer UV
La Roche Posay is a renowned French skincare company that is recommended by more than 25,000 dermatologists. Their La Roche Posay Toleriane Double Repair Moisturizer UV moisturizer is the best solution for the sensitive and combinative skin. The moisturizer comes with SPF 30 feature that means it will protect your skin from UV rays and best for daytime use. Like the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Daily Soothing Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin, the moisturizer is also made with thermal spring water that makes it the best choice for both sensitive and combination skin.
Main Ingredients: La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water, glycerin, silica, Niacinamide, stearic acid, stearyl alcohol, citric acid, xanthan gum and more.
- La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water has hydrating, soothing, and antoxidant properties that ensures all-day hydration
- The glycerin and ceramide-3 present in the cream moisturizes evenly.
- Niacinamide, a type of Vitamin B3, soothes your skin properly.
- Oil, fragrance and paraben-free
- Non-comedogenic and Allergy-tested
- Lightweight texture
- Easily absorbs
- Helps skin’s natural protective barrier
3. Cetaphil Fragrance Free Daily Facial Moisturizer, SPF 15
The moisturizer is made by the dermatologist suggested brand Galderma. The Cetaphil Fragrance-Free Daily Facial Moisturizer is very light therefore perfect for wearing under makeup. The moisture also protects your skin from the UVA and UVB rays.
Ingredients: Humectant glycerin, Vitamin E, purified water, Avobenzone 3%, Octocrylene 10%, and more.
- Light and non-greasy
- Fragrance and paraben-free
- SPF 15 protects from ultra violate rays
- Hydrates your face
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce the risk of sunburns and skin cancer
Caution: The active sunscreen ingredients Avobenzone 3% and Octocrylene 10% can irritate your eyes. So, while applying, keep the moisturizer away from your eyes and the areas surrounding the eyes.
4. Kiehl’s 1851 Ultra Facial Cream
Kiehl’s 1851 Ultra Facial Cream is formulated for all types of skin. The moisturizer has the water retention ability in dry condition. It will give you a soft, smooth and healthy-looking skin.
Key ingredients: Formulated with natural ingredients such as Antarcticine (Glacial Glycoprotein Extract), Imperata Cylindrica (Desert Plant Extract), and Squalane (a highly-refined botanical lipid from olives). Also includes Glycerin, aqua, and other chemicals.
- Best for hydrating dry skin and keeping the
- Hydrates for 24-hours
- Ensure soft and smooth skin
- Antarcticine hydrates the dry skin and best known for hydrating skin in freezing temperatures by facilitating the retention of natural moisture reserves.
- Imperata Cylindrica ensures immediate and lasting hydration for dry skin
- Squalane helps your skin to absorbs the cream quickly and replenishes skin’s barrier by keeping it soft, supple and moisturized
- Minimizes moisture loss for optimal balance
- Perfect for the harsh and dry weather
5. Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel Moisturizer
Paula’s Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel Moisturizer is one of the best moisturizers for combination skin. The moisturizer includes anti-oxidant that fights against wrinkles and fine lines. The gel moisturizer also minimizes the appearance of pores. The brand explains why is the moisture different, what does it do, how to use and the complete lists of ingredients. As a result, the consumers will be well aware of the usage and effect of the cream.
Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Cyclopentasiloxane (hydration), Butylene Glycol (hydration), Glycerin (hydration/skin replenishing), Bis-Phenylpropyl Dimethicone (hydration), Niacinamide (vitamin B3/skin-restoring) and more.
- Ensures essential hydration and refreshes your skin
- Fragrance, paraben and alcohol-free
- Minimizes pores
- Formulated for combination skin. However, the moisturizer is also suitable for oily and sensitive skin.
- Fights wrinkles. The moisture has antioxidant properties that work as an anti-ageing agent.
- Fights against environmental assault.
- Boosts collagen
- Lightweight gel formula helps to absorbs quickly
- Delivers visibly smoother, softer, and younger-looking
- Not suitable for acne-prone skin.
- The presence of wheat germ oil and algae extract can comedogenic for acne prone skin and can cause blackheads
- May cause breakout for sensitive skin
If you are looking for lightweight moisture that is entirely free from oil, paraben and the fragrance, try the ultralight gel moisturizer from Simple. The gel moisturizer is 100% oil-free and gives you day-long hydration. The moisturizer contains glycerin to ensure moisturization and leave skin with immediate softness
Ingredients: Triple purified water, Glycerin, Vitamins B5, C and E, etc.
- Lightweight gel moisturizer
- Does not cause breakouts, irritation and blemish
- Best for all-day hydration
- Provides instant hydration to your skin
- Fast absorbing gel moisturizer
- Non-comedogenic or will not clog pores
- and Hypoallergenic
- Vitamin E prevents water loss on the skin and improves skin’s overall condition
- The glycerin makes your skin soft and supple.
- Pro-vitamin B5 helps to restore, soften and smooth dry areas
- The moisturizer is made with hypoallergenic formula is free from dyes, harsh chemicals and artificial perfumes
- May not suit the oily skin
- May cause breakouts and blotches for the oily skin.
However, customers who complain about the moisturizer reveal that they have oily skin. Therefore, the moisturizer is suitable for combination skin.
Själ Cela’s Intuitif Crème is one of the best moisturizers for combination skin that you should use in the night. Though it is formulated for night use, you may also use it t day. The antioxidants used in the moisturizer slow down skin ageing. Apart from these, the moisturizer also increases collagen production to erase and fades away wrinkles. The moisture includes natural fruit acids that exfoliate the dead cells and unclogs pores. As a result, you will feel softer and younger looking skin. Finally, the moisturizer evens out skin tone with pearl and licorice.
Ingredients: anti-oxidants (Green Tea, Grape Seed Extract, SOD); natural acids (Wintergreen Plants, Milk, Citrus Fruits, Apples, gemstone and minerals (pearl, sapphire, gold and copper), super moisturizers (Betaglucan, Soybean, Phospholipids, Hyaluronic Acid), botanicals (Licorice, Echinacin; vitamins (A, C, E, K, B9, B5), aqua, glycerin and other chemicals.
- Erase wrinkles and fine lines
- Boosts collagen
- Exfoliates dead skin
- Unclog Pores
- Hydrates skin without irritation
- Skin become healthy and radiant
- promote cellular renewal
- fight the effects of photo ageing
- Platinum Matrix used for cellular renewal and metabolism and also used for brightening complexes focusing on diminishing the appearance of dark spots, evening skin tone.
- Reduces the appearance of dark spots.
- Detoxify cells.
- Gives flawless skin by balancing, improving and prolonging moisture levels.
8. The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
The Body Shop’s Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream is the perfect and one of the best moisturizers for combination skin that keeps oily areas under control without making the cheeks and other parts too dry. The seaweed in the moisturizer helps to rebalance the oils in the skin, while the Vitamin E helps to hydrate the dry spots on the skin. You need to use a little amount for maintaining hydration for all days. You may also use the moisturizer before applying your makeup.
Ingredients: Mineral-rich seaweed from Ireland which is naturally grown without chemicals or fertilizers, vitamins including Vitamin E, minerals, water, and other essential chemicals.
- Best for combination and oily skin.
- Absorbs quickly.
- Feels lightweight
- A little amount is needed for the application
- Balance oil and excess sebum or oil
- Gives you a matte finishing
- 100% vegan
- Provides a great base for makeup.
9. Amarte Aqua Cream
Amarte Aqua Cream is another excellent product from Korea. After applying the moisturizer, you will feel the motto of the brand: ‘love yourself. Love your skin.’ The brand uses western elements within eastern structures for a true hybridization, and the result is great.
Ingredient: Antioxidants, Retinol, Witch Hazel, Amino Acids, Beeswax, Rosemary extract, Ginkgo biloba nut extract , Argan oil, Water, glycerin and other chemicals.
- Makes your skin smooth and soft.
- Absorbs easily
- Hydrates your skin
- Gives a healthy glow
- Retains moisturizers
- Suitable for all types of skin including combination skin, acne-prone skin, sensitive skin, dry, normal and oily skin, etc.
- Brightness to dull and environmentally damaged complexions.
- The retinol-infused formula reduces fine lines, wrinkles and discolouration. In short, it fights against the signs of ageing.
- Active Extract arbutin reduces melanin product to promote a radiant tone and bright complexion.
- Argan oil heals and protects against free radical damage.
- Rosemary extract soothes and conditions to leave your skin looking healthy.
- Ginkgo biloba nut extract aids fibroblast production of elastin and collagen.
- Arbutin whiten your skin and has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.
- Pricey ( $ 93-$110)
10. Philosophy Renewed Hope In A Jar Moisturizer for Unisex
The moisturizer is made with the triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids that refine texture with visibly smaller pores and fine lines. Their philosophy is “Live with optimism, renew with hope.” You can use the moisturizer both day and night. The moisturizer is made with clinically proven skin renewal technology that uses a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate plus an Asian fruit extract.
Ingredients: a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids, 3 forms of hyaluronate, Asian fruit extract, aqua, glycerin, etc.
- Contains a triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids
- Gives a longer-lasting glow
- Refines skin’s texture
- Reduces pores and fine lines
- Triple blend of alpha hydroxy acids refine texture with visibly smaller pores and fine lines virtually lifted away
- Provides soft, dewy smooth skin
- Gives instant and all-day hydration
- Parabens, sulfates, or phthalates-free
- The clinically proven non-stop skin renewal technology gives skin an all-day glow.
11. Boscia Green Tea Oil Free Moisturizer
Boscia is a North American brand under the parent company FANCL which a huge cosmetic company in Japan. They aim to produce preservative-free skincare products. Boscia Green Tea Oil moisturizer is lightweight moisturizer that is made with Japanese Green Tea. It hydrates your skin very well and absorbs excess oil.
Ingredients: Japanese green Tree, Burdock root, Marine Complex (complex of algae extracts) , Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Phellodendron Amurense Bark Extract, Algae Extract, Epilobium Angustifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Wine Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, and more.
- Hydrates skin
- Absorbs access oil
- Green tea reduces sebum (oil) production
- Green tea also decreases inflammation from acne-causing bacteria
- Green tea diminishes breakouts
- Burdock root holds the shine of your skin all day by absorbing the excess oil
- Burdock root also has anti-bacterial properties and gives a matte finishing.
- The algae extracts prevent premature ageing by repairing existing damage and protecting skin from new damage caused by environmental stress and UV rays.
- The algae extract also improve elasticity and tone.
- Can use under the makeup.
- Expensive ($ 75)
12. Christina Moss Naturals Facial Moisturizer
Christina Moss Naturals Facial Moisturizer is a great moisturizer which is made with cruelty-free formula. The use of natural preservative liquorice gives it a sweet natural scent. The moisturizer is made with many natural ingredients that nourish your skin.
Ingredients: Aloe barbadensis leaf (aloe vera) juice, Prunus armeniaca (apricot) kernel oil, Vitis vinifera (grape) seed oil, Persea Americana (avocado) oil, glycerin (vegetable), stearic acid (vegetable), emulsifying wax made from organic coconut oil and organic almond oil), and Pimpinella anisum (star anise) seed oil.
- Free from parabens, petrochemicals, sulfates, dyes, synthetic fragrances, synthetic preservatives, and propylene glycol
- Made with 100% natural and organic ingredients
- Non-Comedogenic and hypoallergenic.
- Moisturizes softens and repairs damaged skin.
- Ideal for all skin types including combination, sensitive, oily, combination and dry.
- Formulated for both women and men
- Even the jar is made fresh using recycled plastic
13. NEUTROGENA Combination Skin Moisture
NEUTROGENA Combination Skin Moisture is specially formulated for combination skin. As a result, it will moisturize dry areas while controlling the oily shine. The dual action formula made it one of the best moisturizers for combination skin. A special oil-absorbing Microsponge system controls oil and shines in the T-zone.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin and other chemicals.
- Moisturizes dry area and controls the T-zones or oily areas
- Gives natural, and matte finishing
- Makes your skin soft and smooth
- Non-greasy and oil free
- Non-comedogenic or will not clog pores
Olay hydrating Gel is super light and absorbs well. The honeysuckle essences and white tea soothe skin and minimize pores. The moisturizer also includes a powder that controls oils and naturally brightens skin.
- Will not clog pores
- Absorbs easily.
15. Too cool for school Mellow Cream Collagen elasticity cream
Too cool for school Mellow Cream Collagen elasticity cream is an excellent product for the Korean brand. It is a five-in-one moisturizer which is perfect for normal, combination, dry and sensitive skin. The five use of the moisturizer is – it can be used as a serum, primer, eye cream, neck cream and a sleeping mask.
Ingredients: Enriched with egg extracts and collagen fibres, Water, Isohexadecane, Glycerin, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Shea Butter, and more.
- Boosts elasticity for bright, youthful skin.
- Works as a serum, priming moisturiser, eye cream, neck cream and sleeping mask
- Ideal for normal, combination, dry and sensitive skin.
- Treats dullness and loss of firmness
- The egg extract brightens the skin
- The niacinamide used to brighten
- Collagen fibres boost firmness
- Egg yolk extract, albumen (egg white) extract, and Inka omega oil provide intensive nourishment to the skin.
16. Mineral Fusion Facial Moisturizer, SPF 40
In place of choosing a chemical sunscreen, you may choose the Mineral Fusion Facial Moisturizer which is made with mineral and offers heavy-duty protection SPF 40. The moisturizer utilizes zinc oxide and titanium dioxide to protect your skin from UV rays. The collagen-boosters and anti-oxidants based formula makes your skin younger and smoother. The moisturizer is made with cruelty-free formula.
Ingredients: Shea butter, Aloe Vera, Cucumber, Sea Kelp, Green tea Extract, Peptides, Olive Oil, Panthenol, Jojoba, Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Antioxidants and more.
- Hydrates well for a long-time
- Gluten, parabens, talc, synthetic fragrances or dye, SLS, or phthalates-free
- Aloe vera and cucumber soothes your skin
- 100% vegan
- Protects your skin from harmful UV rays
- Antioxidants and peptides stimulate cell renewal to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles for an ageless complexion.
- Shea butter and glycerin ensures all-day hydration.
17. belif Korean Cosmetics The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb
Again we come with an excellent Korean product. The belif Korean Cosmetics The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb is made with natural ingredients including oats, rosemary, raspberry that nourishes your skin and hydrates intensively.
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Oats, Rosemary, raspberry, Baptisia Tinctoria Root Extract, Clover Flower Extract, Willow Bark extract and many other natural and organic ingredients.
- Not too greasy
- Paraben-, Sulfates- and fragrance-free
- Contains glycerin and macadamia seed oil that provides intense hydration.
- Make the skin supple, smooth and soft
- Deeply nourishes
- Pricey ( $ 45)
18. Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer SPF 17
Mario Badescu’s Oil-Free Moisturizer plus SPF 17 is free of fragrance, and the SPF 17 feature of the moisturizer protects against both UVA and UVB rays. It soothes skin with Balsam Peru.
Ingredients: Balsam Peru, an extract from a South American tree, Aqua (Water, Eau), Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, and more.
- Balsam Peru in the moisturizer has antiseptic properties that heal irritated areas and scars.
- Oil and fragrance-free
- Moisturizes well
- Protects from harmful UV rays
- Will not clog pores
- Fast absorbing features
- Lightweight hydration
19. Garnier Moisture Bomb The Antioxidant Super Moisturizer
People with combination skin always search for the moisturizer that makes them feel non-greasy and light but still hydrates the T-zones. If you are looking for the same, Garnier Moisture Bomb The Antioxidant Super Moisturizer can be the right choice for you that ensures both hydration and non-greasy feeling. The moisturizer hydrates your skin for 48 hours.
Ingredients: Hyaluronic acid, antioxidants Goji Berry and Pomegranate, and Vitamin C and E and many other ingredients.
- Absorbs quickly
- Non-greasy feeling
- Hyaluronic acid hydrates the skin
- The broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection against UV damage
20. Thayers Alcohol-free Unscented Witch Hazel Toner
Before starting the discussion on the best moisturizers for combination skin, we talked to use a toner. The Thayers Alcohol-free Unscented Witch hazel toner is one of the best moisturizers for combination skin which is made with the natural astringent Witch Hazel. Apply the toner after washing your face.
Key Ingredients: Aloe Vera, and Witch Hazel along with water and other chemicals.
- Witch Hazel minimizes pores
- Fragrance-Free, Paraben-Free, and Alcohol-free
- Naturally Preserved
- Cleans soothes and tones your combination skin.
Treating combination skin is challenging as you need to deal with double the skin issues. Ever wondering how many products are there for the dry, oily or sensitive skin. But there are not many options for combination skin. However, we have reviewed the best moisturizers for combination skin and hope you may choose from your perfect one from the list. Revisit our websites for new reviews.